It’s time to jump back and create the iconic post of “what I colored at boot camp” and show off all the things I did. These, of course, were all done using Copic markers. Jennifer’s Boot Camp is amazing and great friends too – shout out to everyone I was sitting next to during the camp and at lunch day after day: Kellie, Karen F, Wendy, Cathy T, Therese, Meenu, Taya, Cathy R, Janice W, Nan, Ginger, Charlene, Mags and Luigi. Thank you to all the helpers and it was so much fun getting to know you all: Patty, Cassandra, Ellie and Becky. Also thank you to all the sponsors. Thank you Jennifer for everything.
I’m using the DoveArt line of stamps Create A Scene Forest to put together a quick winter scene. Seeings how cold it is for me right now, I thought this would be fitting. The stamp was embossed in black then I used the Karin Brushmarker watercolor markers to color the background and some shadows.
The white snow was created with a Marvy Snow Marker then heat set to puff it up. The sentiment is a Make it Crafty chipboard embellishment colored with Copic Markers. The background layer of paper was also colored with Copic Markers.
It’s new release week at Whimsy Stamps and I’m excited that the DoveArt Winter Pines is included in the list. This is such a fun stamp and can be used on it’s own but also in the background with other stamps. I’ve already created two cards with it that I wanted to reshare to give some inspiration for the release.
Somewhere I got the idea to make a gold Christmas card and this Christmas Tree stamp seemed to fit the theme. I stamped the background with the Brushed Stripes Background stamp and then built the card up from there. Both of these are fabulous rubber stamps from Whimsy Stamps. The holly leaves were from my stash and I embellished them plus the accessories on the tree with glitter Stickles.
I needed some more bookmarks around the house and thought this image would be perfect for the size. So it’s a flat bookmark and one layer of cardstock to fit in the book. The image is Mountain Song DoveArt for Whimsy Stamps and is a great scene to color. I wanted a splash of color and thought a red herring would be funny so I colored the bird red. It was a bit too much of the red so I brought in some browns and black.
For my project, I’ve used Fantail Goldfish a DoveArt for Whimsy Stamps rubber stamp. I wanted to try something different and stumbled across Nicoletta‘s amazing water project. She was following a tutorial on the Copic Italia blog and I knew that was something I should try. So this is my first attempt on the Faintail Goldfish. It was about step three that I decided I didn’t like it, however, I pushed through to finish so I could learn from my mistakes. I think the next time will be a little easier.
It’s new releases at Whimsy Stamps and I have a project showcasing the Sunflower DoveArt rubber stamp. This one was stamped on Balsa wood then colored with Prismacolor colored pencils. I also used some glitter and transparent paper from Whimsy Stamps for a sparkled finish. Finally, some butterflies and a ladybug embellishment were added for a friendly touch.
This is Beaver which is a DoveArt for Whimsy rubber stamp. In the background I used the Farmhouse Shiplap Background from a previous project that I deconstructed and recycled. I normally don’t do that but I couldn’t resit pairing it up with the Beaver. The leaves are Make it Crafty chipboard embellishments and colored them green and helped enhance the outdoor woodsy theme.
I saw these Zebras and knew I wanted to go for a rainbow theme. This stamp is a DoveArt for Whimsy rubber stamp and even though you might think of zebras being black and white, this stamp is actually very versatile. You can color them any which-way!
For my project today, I’ve used Gazebo Overlook by DoveArt for Whimsy Stamps. When I started out, I had a bunch of ideas on how to make the scene stand out but the one that I wanted to try out the most was a night time sky. So that is what I started with. It might have been better to leave that until last because once I got that dark blue on there, I had trepidation that this wouldn’t work out. But I persevered and the final image came out.