H441-288 Felted Lamb

This felting kit is by Hamanaka and it found it’s way into my Amazon cart easily enough. I don’t know the name but I think it’s Good Friend Sheep H441-288. I really liked the texture and and though this lamb was cute for a weekend project.

I first started by felting the basic shape – making sure the snout, legs and tail were especially the way I wanted them since they were not going to be covered again. The body I made looking fat as I really wanted it to look like it had a full coat of fluffy wool when I was finished adding the texture.
The texture is created by some sort of Bouclé Yarn (see Wikipedia definition) but I don’t know what materials it’s made out of. The closest thing I found on Amazon was this Acrylic Nylon Blend Cream White Boucle and it’s at a reasonable price. However, here’s an Alpaca Off White if you’re trying to stay true to wool. In my opinion, I think the first one would work but the one I have seems to be in between these two products.

Supplies Used:
Hamanaka Good Friend Sheep Felting Kit
Felting Needles

Strawberry Panda

I’ve been poking around this weekend and felted this Strawberry Panda. It was a kit I ordered from Amazon over a year ago so it was about time I got to it.

I started with the head and when I realized it wasn’t going to look exactly like the picture, then I allowed myself a few more alterations – the main one being that this panda sits and has a mushroom hat instead of a strawberry hat. I couldn’t understand why the strawberry had white seeds so I made the white spots larger and now it’s a mushroom. I also made the white seeds black on the strawberry bag. It was a fun little project.
Zoinks – I see some stray strands. I’ll probably poke on ’em a tad bit more or look for my scissors.

Hippo and Bunny

I found a few patterns from Amigurumi Today to crochet and picked up some yarn at my local yarn store West 7th Wool in Fort Worth. The first one is the Easter Bunny Amigurumi.

I don’t know what yarn this was – it was soft and a fun variegated color. I think it’s suppose to be for socks or a shawl? But not for amigurumi and not for me. It was too stretchy but I finished the bunny anyway. I have all this yarn left on the skein but I think I’ll be donating it to Goodwill.
For this next one, I switched yarns and started on the Hippo in Swimsuit pattern. The yarn is Anzula Squishy 25g and with that 10% Cashmere included it’s a dream to work with.
Hippo was the gray color yarn and Pesto is the color I used for the swimming suit. I also had some miscellaneous nuggets of black and teal that I added some stripe details.
Here’s the finished hippo. I changed the muzzle and worked in a round/oval instead of starting with a chain. My chains tend to be too loose and I didn’t want stuffing to show through. I also added the nostrils.

Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium

I’ve really enjoyed the Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium book by Kerry Lord because of the flip pages but also because it’s so versatile. With the experience under my belt, I’m able to modify the patterns to fit my needs while keeping the basic body shape. The kids love it because they can create monsters without even a stitch of crochet.

I created one for my this for my dear friend Janice. The two-suction-finger hands are one of my favorites to crochet.
I made this one for my friend Jennifer. This was the first time I did the furry feet and I often wonder how those loops stay in – especially when they’re cut. How is that done!? I made up the ears and scarf to go with.
This is mostly my creation but still using the same basic body from the book. She took over a year because I didn’t like working with the soft yard that made up the body – its was so dense and difficult to see that I had to mark every-single-hard-to-find-stitch as I went. A massive headache and was so thrilled when finished.

Donkey Tomte Cthulhu

Here are a few various crochet projects that I’ve worked on this season. Hope you enjoy the inspiration.

This donkey is to fill out my nativity scene. I used the pattern book from Nativity Crochet kit by Kati Galusz. All of the people are finished so I’m going back to add animals. I made a lamb (shown in the corner) but the yarn makes it difficult to see so I’ll be making another one of those. I didn’t have a grey in my stash so I might make another donkey in that color next season. We’ll see.
This is a Swedish Tomte that I made and created the pattern myself. I used yarns from the stash.
This is one of my favorites and is a Cthulhu pattern from Rural Rebellion. It was simple to put together except for the tentacles and wings which were difficult to look relaxed and coordinated but luckily no one was watching. It went together in a day. I made all the parts then stitched the wings and arms into the body as I went along. It’s quicker than to come back in and attach them later and I feel that I get a better grip.
Last on the list is a small hat for a Calico Critter bunny. I thought the yard was too thick but hay, it’s finished and it mostly fit.

Penguinish Monster

I don’t really have a good name for this monster but it seems to look like a penguin monster. This is another monster from the Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium by Kerry Lord crochet pattern book.

The yarn is baby blanket yarn so it’s really soft but it was bulky to work with. The hook size was recommended as M but I used a L – but even then it was too large so I removed about a dozen rows from the standard body form.  Turned out great and A+ approved by my kids.