I rummaged around in my old stamped and pulled out Polka Dot Pals Lisa to color. This is a retired rubber stamp from Little Miss Muffet Stamps. She’s one of my favorites and is signing “Thank you” in American Sign Language (ASL).
For my project, I’ve used Annabel Haines’ fur tutorial and colored up this raccoon. I’m always impressed with her textures and would love to color like that someday. So I’m learning, practicing and learning more. I’m getting there. The stamp is Great Catch, a retired set from SugarPea Designs.
I’ve been studying Annabel Haines‘ style on fur because she does an incredible job. In fact, she does amazing on all her projects with added textures and details. So over the years, I’ve been working up the courage to give it a try. I practice here and there but this was the first time I’ve gone full furry on an image. It was good first attempt but I still have more to learn. The image I used was a retired Scaredy Cat rubber stamp which is now available in the Going Catty clear set by Whimsy Stamps.
This is a blast from the past as my daughter and I color up Rosa the Rattlesnake from a retired set named Forest Friends Stuart & Rosa from Little Miss Muffet Stamps. We colored this one in Prismacolor Pencils and decided to color on dark blue paper to create a night sky scene. She also decided we should color a Scarlet Kingsnake instead of a rattler.
Polka Dot Pals Harley is a hardcore character and also one that has many faces, literally! This is a challenge I did with Jennifer Dove to color a Muppets character using Polka Dot Pals Harley clear stamp. She went with Animal and I chose the Swedish Chef. This is considered extreme creative color placement.
Visit Jennifer’s Animal post HERE. (and a hug thank you to her for the inspiration, wood grain paper, and much more!)
I wanted to show some of my past watercolor attempts which were from a few weeks ago. This one features Dragon Pull My Finger rubber stamp from Whimsy Stamps. I love the images by Dustin Pike and his dragons are so easy to color…even if it is with watercolors.
I would say I had some difficulty with the watercolors, paper, brush or something. As you can see on the hand and the lamp, I tried to blend too much on the paper and scrubbed the paper away. Overall, it was somewhat frustrating and I wanted it to be more defined. So I pulled out the colored pencils and did some touch up work.
I like this result much better and felt that I salvaged the image. I can still see where the blue brush marker was used to color the sky in the background so I’ve been watching out for that to avoid. In the before and after, I can definitely see a difference on the eyes, tummy and lamp.