Brace yourself… I’ve created a Magnolia scene and colored it full scale! You’re probably not surprised on what I’ve added through coloring but I’m sure you’ll be shocked at what I didn’t color… the face! LOL Now I can finally “officially” join the Magnolia fan club … but it’s short lived since this is probably the only project that will count towards that “membership.” He he he.
Anyway, before I start describing the project, I am excited to say this project has been approved 100% by Magnolia! It’s true… I’ve been in communication with Ginny and she said the techniques I used on their images here are acceptable and approved. (Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM CDT) So in other words, the possibilities to my creativity are endless.
I’ve used several images on this one and they’re all form Magnolia too! There were five stamps that were masked and/or cut out to create this scene, including: Tilda with Cross Stitched Heart, I Love You (I’ve left off the “You” portion), Lovely Balloons (only one of them), Tilda and Her Bunny (just the bunny was used), and finally Tilda’s Tin Boxes.
The main Tilda image is a Christmas themed stamp but I wanted to show that it could be used for other seasons too and I picked a Valentine’s Day theme. This works perfect with Tilda’s Tin Boxes and I accentuated the theme with bright pinks, reds and purples. The tin with the hearts shows each of the various colors. As an after thought I wish I had added more browns or at least swapped the colors for the red tin and brown one. But overall, the image colors still work.
Here’s the first surprise… I kept track of the colors I used!!! Gasp! I know… but here they are broken down into the groups used, listed left to right from the darkest to the lightest…
V17, V15, V12, V01
V99, V95, V93, V91
R39, R37, R17, R22, R12
R59, R56, R83, R81
RV29, RV14, RV32, RV10
RV69, RV66, RV63
E29, E25, E23, E21
C7, C5, C3, C1
E79, E77, E74, E71, E70
E23, E53, E21, E00, E000
Y23, YR23, YR07
BG99, BG96, BG93, BG90
The second most shocker, well for me at least, is that I colored a standard face on Tilda! It was hard… I mean really hard to restrain myself. In face, over the weekend it took me three tries to keep it simple but I finally managed to do it on this one. LOL And yes, that means I have two more Magnolia projects to show off! I’m not going to tell you what I did … but suffice it to say, Magnolia lovers are sure to LUV this project and non-Mangolia lovers will LUV the others. (Oops, I might have said too much!)
I experimented a lot on this project and if you haven’t noticed the subtle differences by now, I thought I’d divulge the hidden treasures. There are several things that I think would be considered “out of the norm” with various difficulty levels. Here they are, in the order of creation…
(1) Masked multiple images together
(2) Omitted portions of the stamp when inking (x2)
(3) Cut the image up and only used a portion of it
(4) Added a Valentine picture to the balloon
(5) Changed the Santa Stocking to a Beanie Hat
(6) Converted the sweater into two shirts (a short sleeved over a long sleeved)
(7) Added a large stripe to the shirt
(8) Created a hole in Tilda’s shoe
(9) Gave the bunny patches of color
(10) Drew bunny whiskers with a black pen
Here you can see the big hole that I put in Tilda’s shoe. I get a good chuckle out it because it looks like a bullet hole blasted out from the inside. LOL Next time I’ll make sure the inside is the same color as the socks and also try to have the toe showing a big. ;D Finally, the last thing I did was add the green background to help counteract all those pinks and purples.