We’ve made it to the second experiment in The Paper Project! For this test I used the little fairy stamp from The Greeting Farm in a set called Neverland.
The purpose of this experiment is to simply color the image with minimal blending to see how quick layer of color would apply. (A blending test will be done later on.) Each image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink then left to air dry for several days.
I used the same colors and applied one color at a time – meaning, I colored all the fairies’ wings with B21 then went back and added V12 to each wing before moving onto the next color. I used the same brush strokes for each image as much as possible.
Here are the Copic Marker colors I used:
-wings: B21, V12
-hair: Y21, Y26
-face: E000, E11, R12
-dress: R43, R46, R59
From the start I could see there was a difference when I stamped each image. In general, the black was the same, however, it is bolder on C, J, M, and X; and yet the lightest on D and E.
Also the intensity of the colors varied and some papers made the hues darker or lighter. For example, the colors on D, E, N and U are washed out yet they show up the darkest on B, I, K, S, W, and X.
There wasn’t any obvious problems with any of them but based on this experiment I would say A, B, C, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, V, W, and X are the better papers to work with.