The Paper Project – Experiment VII

Welcome back to The Paper Project! I don’t know why this test took so long for me to think of but I’m so glad I did! And on that note, if you have a suggestion for a test just drop me a line. ;D

Experiment VII – Paper Purities

The purpose of this experiment is to find out if any of the papers have hidden dyes that might or might not effect the markers. To do this, I applied two drops of Various Ink Blender 0 to the paper to get it really saturated and hoped it would push out and reveal inks in the paper. So let’s get to it and see what I found!

The papers are identified in the Introduction and here are the results:
(Click on the picture for a zoomed look.)

Can you see it? I tried scanning this and nothing showed up so this picture is actually one step better. 😀 The results? I did find ink! I actually knew I would beforehand because of the paper I use on a regular basis has problems blending to white.

Papers A, K, L, R and V all had ink in the papers and resulted in a purple-ish ring. L shows up the lightest but is darker than what is actually pictured. (Please note: I have updated and tested with X but didn’t retake the picture.)

Based on this test alone I would recommend B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, M, N, O, P, Q, S, T, U, W and X to be the better papers.

4 thoughts on “The Paper Project – Experiment VII

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.