Another monster from the Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium by Kerry Lord pattern book. This one was started by my sister who did the body, arms, legs and ears. So really all I had to do was the antlers, eyes, muzzle and tail. He’s a brother to Cauli and they will both be loved by brothers too. For his name, I wrote down all that I thought he was … penguin, deer, bunny, dragon… then used letters from each to create the name.
Here’s my next monster from the Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium by Kerry Lord pattern book. This one was my own idea. I wanted try introducing a color gradually, change colors on the toes for claws, and finally tackle those elusive spots.
This monster I’m calling “Cauli” because the top head part looks like a head of cauliflower. I thought the slow addition of color was a great transition and I wish I would have started it sooner, maybe 2 rows earlier on the head, 8 rows earlier on the body and 4 rows earlier on the hands. The toes weren’t as bad as I thought they would be and the color change turned out to be a breeze.
From this view point you can see the color change nicely on the head. The spots on the back were difficult to learn but once I figured it out, were easy to add in. I wish TOFT would have had a video of that stitch because I felt their book was missing at list one more picture on it. But my Mum came to the rescue and hunkered down to figure it out for me.
My only regret is I wish the legs were longer but the kids are enjoying this one so that’s all that really matters.
Here’s another crochet monster from Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium by Kerry Lord. This one isn’t actually a monster, as you can see, but it still uses the same base, arms and legs pattern. The ears and tail are modified a little from the pattern and the eye patch, nose and paws were easily made up.
This is “Steve” which is named after Steve Burns for Blue’s Clues. (Hence the blue paw which is handy for leaving clues.) The idea came about after seeing these adorable Scrappy the Happy Puppy Slippers from One & Two Company. I only had a little blue so I did the ear first and was hoping I could get another arm but there was just enough for a print. … and a blue paw print for us means it’s gotta be a Blue’s Clue! So, this puppy’s name had to be Steve.
I have done the “required three” monsters and so now I can have creative freeform on any other monsters but my goal is to use up the extra yarn I have. This one, however, I went out and bought some brown and blue – so if that is a telling sign then I might not ever use up all the extra yarn. LOL
I have completed another creation from Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium by Kerry Lord. This one is Fluffy because of all the loop stitches on the body and ears. I don’t think I’ll do that again and considering I had to redo the body twice, this counts as three. Maybe?
This monster is more of a bunny which was by design. She has one bow, one sock (with another bow so I guess that means two bows) plus a bracelet made from extra crochet markers. I didn’t like using them away so this was a great donation. She also has one green eye and one blue eye.
This is my second crochet project from the book Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium by Kerry Lord. We call him Peppermint. This was much easier than the first plus I didn’t have to fret over choosing the elements. Sometimes narrowing down the which arms or lets is the hardest part. Now on to the next one. LOL
This is my first crochet project which was from the book Edward’s Crochet Imaginarium by Kerry Lord. It’s such a fun book with flip pages to help choose the heads, arms and legs. The instructions were easy enough to figure out after a lesson from my sister first. I’m not sure crochet is my thing yet but I’m willing to give it another try.